About the Policy
Group personal accident insurance at Raheja QBE provides financial compensation in case of an accidental injury to the insured individual or in case of death of a insured member.
What is covered?
The Policy provides for defined benefits based on the nature of injury sustained, by you and/or your employee/ group members in an accident during the policy period.
It provides for payment of compensation on the insured person’s death caused by bodily injury arising out of accidental, violent, external and visible means and resulting in death within 12 (twelve) calendar months of occurrence of the accidental injury.
Permanent Total Disablement
It provides for payment of compensation for bodily injury caused by accidental, violent, external and visible means resulting in permanent total disablement. Any permanent total disability should result from an accident, with no hopes of improvement, which totally and permanently disables and prevents the insured person from attending to any business or occupation of any and every kind or if he/she has no business or occupation, from attending to his/her usual and normal duties.
Permanent Partial Disablement
It provides for payment of compensation for bodily injury caused by accidental, violent, external and visible means resulting in permanent partial disablement within 12 (twelve) calendar months of occurrence of such injury.
Temporary Total Disablement
It provides for payment of compensation for bodily injury resulting in temporary total disablement. Any injury should solely, directly and totally disable the insured person that prevents him/her from attending to his/her business or occupation (of any and every kind) temporarily.
Additional benefits under the Policy (Available without payment of any additional premium):
In addition to the compensation benefit stated above, we also undertake to provide compensation up to specified limits in respect of the following:
- Transportation cost for carriage of dead body to home including funeral charges.
- Cost of clothing damaged in the accident as described above and liability for disablement is admitted by us.
- Ambulance charges for transportation of insured person to hospital following the accident.
- Loss of employment in the event of an accident leading to loss of employment, as a consequence of permanent total disability as per the table of benefits.
What can be covered on payment of additional premium?
The policy can be extended to cover the following by payment of additional premium:
- Medical Expenses Extension: This covers the medical expenses reasonably and necessarily incurred by you towards medical expenses as a consequence of an accident resulting in the bodily injury, death or disablement.
- Hospital Confinement Allowance: Daily allowance of a fixed amount for a maximum of 30 days if you or any of the insured person is hospitalized due to an accident resulting in the bodily injury, death or disablement.
Coverage is available for individuals between the age brackets of 5 years to 65 years. For renewals the upper limit on the age will be 70 years.
The compensation benefits will depend upon the nature of injury and the capital sum insured under the policy.
- For accidents resulting in death or permanent total disablement, we will provide compensation equivalent to the full capital sum insured
- For permanent partial disablement the compensation will depend on the nature of injury and corresponding percentage of capital sum insured as detailed in the ‘table of benefit’ under the policy document or as per the medical advices of our appointed medical practitioner.
To know all features kindly refer the Policy Wording.
- Self-injury, suicide, venereal disease or insanity.
- Death due to pregnancy or childbirth.
- War and nuclear group of perils.
- Injury/death while participating in adventurous sports.
- Influence of intoxicating liquor or drugs.
- Breach of law with criminal intent.
- On duty with armed forces.
Refer to the policy wordings for further details.