About the Policy
Burglary Insurance offered by Raheja QBE provides security against loss or damage of commercial property in the insured premises. The policy while covering the interest of businesses against Burglary, theft, housebreaking also provides coverage for damage caused to the property during such untoward events.
- Coverage for property against loss/damage by burglary/house breaking. It also covers damage to your premises caused by burglars during burglary or attempts.
- The policy pays actual loss/damage to your insured property caused by burglary/house breaking subject to the limit of sum insured. Policy pays only proportionate loss if the sum insured is not adequate.
- There is also a provision in the policy to cover bulk items on ‘first loss’ basis wherein a percentage of total stock stored can be taken as that exposed to the risk of burglary and housebreaking. The premium is charged on the (this) percentage selected only.
- To goods held in trust/commission, jewellery, curios, title deeds, business books unless specifically insured.
- Recoverable under Fire/Plate glass insurance policy
- Abstraction from a safe using a key or duplicate key unless it is obtained by violence or threat
- Due to shoplifting, acts involving you/your family members your employees
- Due to War perils, riot, strike (covered by payment of additional premium), acts of god, or nuclear perils.
Refer to the policy wordings for further details.